Tuesday, August 2, 2011

drenched.

I was sitting on the little front porch at my house while talking to my mom on the phone tonight. As we talked, I could sense a storm was rolling in. 


Then it started. 


The rain drops began to fall from the sky. It grew louder and louder until there was a downpour all around me.


I couldn't sit still any longer. 


"Mom, I gotta go. I have to get in the rain."


I told my mom I loved her and that I'd talk to her soon.


Seconds after I hung up the phone, I was drenched.


It was perfect.


There is something about rain lately. I have never loved being in the rain so much as I have this summer. 


Running in rain. Jumping and splashing in the puddles. Dancing in the rain. Laughing with friends in the rain. Praying in the rain. Laying in the grass in the rain. And probably my favorite: Standing still with outstretched arms towards an open heaven while rain falls on my face. Love it. 


Completely, totally love it.


Tonight was definitely good Daddy time while hanging out in my front yard in the rain. The song, Let It Rainfilled the atmosphere around that little porch as I had one of those outstretched arms towards an open heaven while rain falls on my face kind of moments.


As I soaked in God's love, I started to pray for this city. That healing rains would wash over Bemidji and completely drench every wounded body and spirit.


It's already starting. There are cracks in the walls that surround this land. Oh, but there's so much more to come...  

After the rain grew softer and softer, it started lightning. Big time. There were constant flashes in the sky accompanied by never ending, rolling thunder. Revelation Song, anyone?


I just sat there in God's presence, already drenched and soaked by the rain, but soaking in more of Him.


The same God that displays His glory in vivid, mighty lightning across the sky delights in moments like that, sitting together on a little front porch on a quiet street in Bemidji with His daughter.


Oh, that this entire city would encounter the delight God takes in us and be radically changed by His powerful love!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this :) I'm writing a new one, probably write after I write this comment about my adventure in teh rain today :) Loving your passion, Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete