Tuesday, May 24, 2011

unfamiliar roads.

Today was a good day to just be.

Sit.

Rest.

Listen.

I woke up with a sore throat and feeling achy. I've been praying for restoration. Can you do the same?

I start training for my new job in the morning and I don't want to start this next season sick. :/ 

In case you missed the memo, another season of life has come to a close and a new one is about to begin! You can get filled in here. I'll share more about that another time. I plan to take more time to look back on these years and recount memories. There are many. For that, I am thankful. :)

I received an email from a dear friend and ministry partner today in response to sharing what's up in life lately. The first line was, "Wow! Suzanne! You always have something exciting in the works!"

It made me chuckle at first for some reason, but I guess there is some truth to that. In the last two years especially, it seems like there is always something unfolding. Not really of my doing, but because God is on the move.

This latest unfolding brings up a lot of thoughts and feelings. Anticipation. Excitement. Joy. Sadness. Release. And if I'm completely honest, there have been some overwhelming moments, too.  

Last week at Pursuit, we had some extended time to just rest in God's presence. I wanted to journal, but didn't know where to begin. The week was full, the weeks leading up to it were also intense preparing and job hunting. I hadn't taken much time to let the reality of transition really sink in.

So that day at Pursuit, the anxiety was creeping up. This is what I wrote in my journal.

"Father, it's hard to take it all in...I feel a bit out of it. In a way, I feel like I'm just on this crazy ride and adventure and I don't know what's next. It reminds me of when I was a child, riding in the car with my parents. I didn't know where we were going all of the time. Nor did I have a clue how to get there. I didn't know all the roads to take. But I rode along. No fear. I trusted them. I felt safe. That's how I feel right now. Like I'm riding with you...I don't really know where we're going or how we're getting there. But I trust you. I release any fear of the unknown. You are in the drivers seat. I am not. And I don't have to worry about these unknown roads or destinations. Because your way is good. Purposeful. And it's where you want me."

So I travel with Him on new roads, new destinations and into new places that need His Light. No fear. Because our God is good and faithful. Even through the storms or constructions zones, it'll be okay.

The living Words of Psalm 27 have been changing my heart and mind these last few days.

The whole psalm is awesome. I'll end with sharing verse 1 and 8. May you know Him more as you interact with the Living God through His Word.


 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
    whom shall I fear?
 The LORD is the stronghold of my life— 
   of whom shall I be afraid?

 8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
      Your face, LORD, I will seek. 

1 comment:

  1. Suzanne, thanks for sharing what you wrote in your journal. So inspiring and encouraging! Love the image of riding along in the car. We're all along for the ride. TRUST. Thanks for posting!! --Jackie

    ReplyDelete