Monday, February 21, 2011

maya.


One missed call from Mom.

No message.

As intuition kicked in, I quickly checked the calendar. It was February 18th and my sister's due date was February 21st.

Could it be?!

I knew my mom wouldn't leave me a message about the arrival of a precious little girl. I knew she would wait to actually get a hold of me and tell me as close to in person as we could get without actually being face to face.

So I called back right away hoping to hear some exciting news.

I immediately heard the joy in her voice.

Welcomed to the world on Friday afternoon was precious, beautiful, and wonderfully made Maya Abigail.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
Psalm 139:14

Simply hearing the news caused my eyes to fill with tears of joy and gratitude. I am so happy for Julie and Matt and completely excited to get to meet my new niece. :)!!!! (That means I'm smiling...a lot!)

I have been thinking of them so much the last few days. It's been a bit of a stressful beginning for them all. 

Maya has had some trouble breathing on her own and had a seizer on Saturday morning. She is currently at another hospital a couple hours away from where my sister and brother-in-law live. Julie was released from the hospital yesterday and was able to be with Matt and Maya at the other hospital last night. Today, they did a number of tests on little Maya to try and figure out what is going on. 

She has down syndrome, so the breathing troubles are likely tied to that. It's possible that the seizer was a result of a long and stressful labor. Right now, it's more of a waiting game for anything certain until they find out the results of today's testing.

We are hoping that soon they will be able to be all together at home.

My mom and I are planning a trip out east sometime soon. It will be incredible to spend time together!

I received an email with a number of pictures tonight. Here are two of my favorites. Enjoy. :)

my beautiful sister and her precious daughter
kisses from daddy

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting these! Maya is beautiful! And chubby :) How cute!

    They are all in my prayers as they await news on Maya's health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just precious! congrats, suzanne! i also have a niece with down syndrome - she will be three in june and is doing great...i will be praying for maya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feb 18, Maya should be 7 years old. Precious.

    ReplyDelete