Wednesday, May 23, 2012

give it away.

Henry Poole Is Here = one of my favorite movies.

It's not fast moving, doesn't have you hanging on the edge of your seat, nor is it even that well known.

But I am so captivated by it.

Here's a taste...


I love the artistic beauty. I love the colors and shots that the camera captures.

I love that it speaks of hope.

I love that it creates an appetite in the soul to crave something more to believe in than what the world offers.

I love that it compels me to dish out the Hope I have been given. Freely receive...freely give...

I love the uniqueness of the characters and how they transform individually and how they impact each other as the story unfolds.

I also love the soundtrack. Seriously good music.

My ringtone (and morning alarm) right now is the bridge from the song "All Roads Lead Home" by Golden State. 
I'm breaking through these walls of steel. Pushing that wall for something real. I'm falling far and faster still. Wake up, wake up, wake up...everyone and everything.
Have a listen.


A number of songs on the soundtrack aren't even played during the movie. I think that might be the case for this next one. It's called "Believe" by The Bravery.

This one stirs me up big time. I listened to it recently and I couldn't help but hear this as a song ringing out in the world from those looking for something to believe in. 

Can you hear anyone around you singing it?



(Chorus) So give me something to believe - Cuz I am living just to breathe - And I need something more to keep on breathing for - So give me something to believe
God spoke to me as a listened, "You have the answer. You have what people want. Give it away. Give people something to believe. Me."

Let's give our families something to believe.
Let's give our cities something to believe.
Let's give our neighbors something to believe.
Let's give our workplace something to believe.
Let's give the man behind the counter at the coffeeshop something to believe.
Let's give the little girl playing in the park something to believe.
Let's give the woman in the grocery store something to believe.

Beloved Bride of Christ - you have been fully empowered by the Spirit and *commanded to release what our world is singing out for. Love of God, move us...

"As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of God is near.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give." Matthew 10:7-8

*Commanded does not equal suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment