Saturday, February 18, 2012

living vicariously through other people's fireplaces.

You know what I'd like to have in my house someday? 

I'll give you a couple hints.

They are very amazing to sleep near in the dead of winter.

They emit light.

And warmth.

And I'd like one. (Did I mention that yet?)
  
What is it? 

A fireplace. Ahhhhhhhhh, just the thought makes me smile. 
  
Until I have one in my own place of residence, I guess I'll live vicariously through other people's fireplaces.

Lucky for me, tonight I am house sitting...and guess what? They have a fireplace. I will for sure be resting my head on the leather couch near it tonight. I'm pretty pumped about that. Just sayin.
  
I have spent almost all of my day since getting off work in this place with the fire burning. It's been a restful mixture of activities tonight.
  
As the fire burned in front of me, I read through some old journals and was moved to joyful and thankful tears by God's goodness and faithfulness. Kim Walker and Chris Quilala blasted their melodies through the stereo speakers as a new log caught fire. Em and Bill (niece and nephew) called and we chit chatted away, sharing stories and laughing together as the fire crackled in the background. I sat at the keyboard and was swept away with Daddy in His presence as the light of the fire illuminated the room. That was my most recent endeavor before coming to blog.

During that time, I was drawn into a familiar theme.

The words "come awake" resonated both in the room and in my spirit.

I lingered around in this song for quite some time.



"O Church, come stand in the Light. The glory of God has defeated the night...

Christ is risen from the dead, trampling over death by death.

Come awake, come awake.

Come and rise up from the grave.

Christ is risen from the dead, we are one with him again.

Come awake, come awake.


Come and rise up from the grave."
  
I speak awakening tonight. Awaken us, Daddy, with your presence. Awaken us to know who you are. 

And to know who we are.
   
Burn in us...

1 comment: