Tuesday, April 5, 2011

listen in moderation while blowing bubbles - part 2

While there is much I want to blog about, I'm not sure where to begin right now. I think I just need to hold off a bit. I will, however, say two things. One, March was one crazy ride! Two, God is good! Always. 

I do sit here tonight in my closet office and really want to blog, so in order to feed my hunger to do so, I'll share something that doesn't require much thought. :)

It's that time again to make a list of songs that I have enjoyed lately and/or that God has used to draw me into His Truth and heart. I do this so that perhaps you will discover something new and fun and I hope that maybe you'll leave a little comment with some of the songs you have really enjoyed, too. 

(Fyi - I'm combining a theme from two different blog entries from the past: listen in moderation and i blow bubbles when you are not near. Hence the title.)

Just to get this out of the way, there was a song sung at church this weekend during the offering. I thought it was an awesome song, except for one of the lines that I just couldn't make sense of. Then I heard it on the radio yesterday and I thought the same thing. I kind of blew past it and didn't think too hard about it. This is the line that didn't make sense: "When did love become a movie?"

...What?...?

The rest of the song is about the tension and beauty of surrendering to God and giving him our everything. How does that movie line fit?

Well, it doesn't.

Because those aren't the lyrics. 

Yes, another case of "I blow bubbles when you are not near" or "There might be a little dust on the Bible."

When I googled that line, I discovered I was definitely mishearing. 

The correct lyrics are: "When did love become unmoving?" Makes more sense in the context of the song. Yep.

On that note, that song will kick off my list. If you want to listen, just click on the song title.  

1. You Can Have Me by Sidewalk Prophets
2. Something Beautiful by NeedToBreathe
3. Climb (Live) by United Pursuit Band
4. Set A Fire by United Pursuit Band
5. Let It Rain by Jesus Culture
6. Mighty River by Jason Upton
7. Glory Come Down by Jason Upton
8. People Get Ready by Misty Edwards
9. It Is Well by Shane & Shane
11. Lost In You by FM Static
12. Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland - this one is just flat out fun. 

Your turn. Any cool songs you have been listening to lately? (In moderation, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment